Google Analytics Real-Time allows you to monitor activity as it happens on your site. It can tell you;
- How many people are on your site right now.
- Their geographic locations and the traffic sources that referred them.
- Which pages or events they’re interacting with on your site.
With Real-Time, you can immediately and continuously monitor the effects that new campaigns and site changes have on your traffic. Here are a few of the ways you might use Real-Time;
- Monitor whether new and changed content on your site is being viewed.
- Understand usage of your mobile app through event tracking.
- See whether a one-day promotion is driving traffic to your site and which pages these users are viewing.
- Monitor the immediate effects on traffic from a blog/social network post or tweet.
- Verify that the tracking code is working on your site.
Warning Real-Time can be mesmerising so beware!
If you need a hand setting up or understanding Google Analytics just shout.